is a generally misunderstood craft. During the times of old, witches are accused of all sorts of demonic and despicable acts that seem to ignite the flames of imagination of thousands of people as being the villains. It came into popularity during the 20th century and are usually blamed for harming properties and individuals. Beyond the known vehicle for witches (which is a flying broomstick), the general public seems to have a general misconception of witchcraft as satanic practices and rituals
What is Witchcraft?
Witchcraft is believed to be the practice of supernatural and magical forces in order to affect an individual, place, event or property in either a good or a bad way. It is said to have anthropological, religious and historical contexts. It is generally perceived by the public as “evil” or “dark”, and that is probably due to the fact that it is largely blamed for the different unexplained phenomena happening during the 20th century. In fact, witchcraft is generally nature magic at its best, and there is nothing wrong in learning how to be a witch and spells for witchcraft as long as you intend to use it for personal purposes and the right reasons.
Is Witchcraft right for me?
As previously stated, there is nothing wrong in learning how to be a witch as long as you intend to use it for non-harmful reasons and you use all of the skills you learn for practical and everyday reasons.
Best witchcraft books for beginners
There are a number of book publishers that support the Wiccan and witchcraft musing of people who might be interested in them, and offer a number of interesting books that offer instructions not only on how to be a witch but also focuses on beginner’s guides, the history of Witchcraft, love spells and other spells for witchcraft, as well as practical tools to get the beginner started. Here are some of the book collections that might interest a beginner:
Wicca and Witchcraft books for beginners by Silver Ravenwulf
• To Ride a Silver Broomstick – New Generation Witchcraft. This is a very interesting book which focuses not only on modern Witchcraft but with the different pagan traditions and rituals as well. It even includes a pagan calendar and a list of pagan holidays, which might prove useful in terms of organizing events and rituals with your fellow beginners. It also includes a lot of useful information such as stocking up your magical supplies as well as gearing up towards the proper attire as well as general information on how to be a witch
• To Stir a Magic Cauldron – A Witch’s guide to casting and conjuring. This is the sequel book to the book described above (To Ride a Broomstick). This book offers more information regarding witchcraft spells and also provides useful information regarding joining a coven or the life of solitary witches. This book also expands on the idea of trance and mediation as well as power healing abilities and much more
• To Light a Sacred Flame – Practical Witchcraft for the Millennium. This is the third book which precedes the first two books of Ravenwulf about Witchcraft. Here, she focuses more on enhancing and upgrading of the various different spells for witchcraft covered in the first two books as well as the expansion of the tools for Witchcraft which includes candles, recipes for potions and celestial study dealing with planetary and solar movements. The perfect book for the advanced learners
• The Ultimate Book of Shadows for the New Generation Solitary Witch. This book by Ravenwulf focuses more on the history of Witchcraft and offers general information on the world of witches and wiccans. It is a very well organized book which functions more like a reference so much so that the reader may be able to skip parts of the book if it does not interest him or her. A definite must have for those learning how to be a witch or a wiccan
Wiccan and Witchcraft books for teens by Scott Cunningham
• Earth Power Techniques of Natural Magic. It is a teen book which introduces the readers to the wonders of nature magic. This book serves as a practical guide for those interested in learning the ways of nature and powerful spells which may help insight the power of nature to those willing enough to invoke it. It also has very useful information on various magical tools and how to create your own
• Earth, Air, Fire & Water – More techniques of natural magic. In his first book, Scott Cunningham focuses more on Earth magic and its practical uses, but this time around he employs the addition of the remaining known elements to man: Air, Fire and Water. These elements create the perfect synergy and balance that can be used to empower your magic as well as empower you to develop your own techniques and way of magic
• Wicca – A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. This is a must have for those who wants to begin their journey as a Wicca. This involves powerful tools and spells for the modern Wicca, as well as several other tips and techniques to make sure the individual understands all of the symbols, signs and rituals necessary to be a successful spell caster
• Living Wicca – A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. This is the sequel to “Wicca – A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner” and is aimed for those who are very serious in integrating Wicca into their everyday lives. A must for the advanced users
• The Magical Household – Spells and Rituals for the Home. A very practical guide for those who are serious about witchcraft and using the different household items for their craft
Wicca and Witchcraft books for beginners by others
• Buckland’s Complete Book of Witchcraft– by Raymond Buckland. This is the perfect self-study course which is geared towards the solitary Wicca or a group of beginners. This book shares a wealth of knowledge and tools for the traditional and the modern Wicca
• Wicca For Beginners – Fundamentals of Philosophy and Practice by Thea Sabin. This is another great Wicca beginner book that concentrates on building a really strong foundation by enhancing an individual’s beliefs. The book starts off with a simple history and beliefs and then moves on to more advanced spells for witchcraft. In the book you will learn ethics for Wiccans, different meditation techniques as well as rituals, powerful spells which includes spells for love as well as for other areas in life and the different tools a Wiccan might need.